Sunday 9 October 2016

The patio is transformed ....

Hi everyone

I thought I would show you what the patio looked like once it was updated.

I could not wait to get the wooden patio furniture back in place to see what difference the removal of the fountain made to the space. I love how the paving slabs have come up so well after being jet washed.

I seized the opportunity to repot my random plants (mainly peonies) in to matching grey pots that had been freed up by moving the box topiaries - much cleaner in their matching pots ....


Some sunlight today & some visitors spurred me on to putting out the patio cushions too ...



Some lovely Autumn colours amid the greenness of the garden. I find the intense greens very calming in the garden, especially as we have birds enjoying the space, frogs under the leaves, hedgehogs at night & overwintering to hibernate under the hedges & of course our resident house rabbit too  ...


The wall on this side was added from the repurposed walls of the fountain to match the other 2 sides


Tea or coffee with your biscuits?


I'm loving the new space without the fountain ...


I am not ready to pack away our summer garden lanterns yet either ...


The back hedge has been trimmed back to 10 foot tall, the side one to 12+ foot tall (It is not my hedge so I cannot trim it lower) which provides a stunning green backdrop to the garden .... 


The topiary have taken to their new spaces - I was so relieved that the patio chaps removed them with their heavy, dense root ball & planted them next to the patio for me. The 3 larger box topiaries took all 3 men to move each one  ...



It all looks Winter ready now - neatly trimmed back, the house rose tied in against winter winds, the box topiary settling in & the hedges trimmed back in to compact shapes to minimise winter weather damage. I look forward to being able to pop outside on to the patio on good Autumn days to enjoy the garden & the updated patio. Another job ticked off my list ... 

Do you have a to-do list that keeps your occupied? Thank you for stopping by & taking the time to read & leave a comment ... 
 Dee ~♥~

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful garden Dee! I will take tea with my biscuits! Willow is fine after treatment #3. We will visit them Nov.18th so I will try to post more photos! Thanks for putting her on the prayer list! We are loving the cooler weather in Fl today!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.