Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Two years on, the hedge is growing

Two years ago, I shared the shock of the new neighbour cutting down the hedge that bordered the side of our back garden. 

The 30 year old hedge was unceremoniously cut down in the matter of a few hours & it left a gaping hole in our greenery. 

Pop over to this post to read about it

 I ordered some larger Laurels to fill the gap & they have taken their time to get established & start to make progress.




This year, at last there is more greenery & it is likely that they will all reach the top of the fence panel by the end of summer. 

I have fed them with multipurpose plant food & will add a thick layer of our own leaf mould as autumn approaches to protect the roots from frost or snow. 

The side gardens are higher than ours so I will like to get back the green background we took for granted for so long. 

However, our very dry July has not helped & the additional plants I have nurtured have stayed in the pots rather than being added to the side bed to thicken the hedging border. 

A green border also looks much nicer in our long winter months when the garden is a bit sparce. 

Any suggestions to give the laurels a growth spurt? 


Thank you for stopping by, it is always appreciated, 

Dee 🏡🪏🪴👩‍🌾

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your visit♥.