Saturday 19 November 2016

Hints of festive colour creeps in at home ....

Do you find that festive bits start to creep in at this time of the year?

Last week, I called in at a favourite independent shop in Shrewsbury - Vintage in Shrewsbury. I did my Annie Sloan chalk paint courses at this shop with the talented owner, Tristan.

Vintage always has a lovely selection & this time was no different. I have bought some of these mercury glass ornaments & so I added to my collection.

 

How lovely is this selection? 


With some of the family not able to be home this Christmas, I invited some friends to join us for a meal at home. Since it was partly an early Xmas meal, I wondered how to set the table; a crisp white cloth, favourite silver plated placemats then inspiration kicked in when I found a new deer & a pair of creamy little deer .....


The deer with the elaborate antlers is one we have had for several years, it is joined by these cute two I bought locally - a lovely family scene on the dining room sideboard!


I know you are all acquainted with our conservatory sideboard - I changed the centre platter for a brighter plate & suddenly the colour scheme emerged from the bright colours on it. I remembered a box of bright pink decorations that were in the garage from last year ... I had forgotten about the two large pink glass baubles - perfect for the top.  A few of the vivid pink things selected for the shelves & then it seemed a good time to bring in the silver deer too for the top ... 




The berry plant suits the silver bowl on the drinks trolley, along with an ice bucket, water jug & various other glasses that may be needed ...


I always keep all my candle sticks / candelabra on top of the sideboard with various candles - the pink, green & cream ones already in meant they could be used as they were ... 


Gems .... acrylic table gems bring the colour scheme together ...


 As evening sets in, the candles are lit, plates are being warmed in the kitchen on hotplates & we are ready for visitors ...


Not yet festive but pretty enough with just hints of the approaching festivities for those who will not join us this year.  My decorations will not go up in the house until the first Sunday of Advent, but for now, it is bright & colourful.

Thank you for stopping by, please share your festive time table & preparations with us so we can all be inspired by each others homes.

Dee ~♥~



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.