Monday 29 January 2024

When you need a self saucing chocolate pudding ...

 I realise I have not shared any baking lately. It is purely an oversight on my part. 

Last night, hubby & I both felt like something sweet after our roast supper so I thought - mmm it has been some time since I did the self saucing chocolate pudding. 

It is simple enough - with ingredient that we all have at home already 

Ingredients 

1 cup of self raising flour

1/2 cup of brown sugar

2 tablespoons of cocoa powdeer 

100g butter (melted & cooled)

1/2 cup milk

1 egg, lightly beaten

Sauce 

3/4 cup brown sugar 

2 tablespoons cocoa powder 

1 1/2 - 2 cups boiling water 

Method

Preheat the oven to 180c

Grease a deep ovenproof dish 

Combine the flour, cocoa & brown sugar in a mixing bowl

Combine melted butter, egg & milk in a jog & beat together. 

Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, & pour in to a baking dish. Smooth the surface

Mix the brown sugar & cocoa topping & sprinkle on top of the cake mixture. 

Pour the hot water over the back of a metal spoon onn to the surface of the cake.

Bake for 35-40 minutes then serve with ice cream, cream or fruit. 

The pudding cake rises & the rich chocolate sauce forms underneath. It is a simple yet tasty pudding. I hope you try it & let me know how it came out. 

Thank you for stopping by, every visit & comment is appreciated

Dee 👩‍🍳🧈🍪

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.