Monday 24 December 2018

Our Christmas table is ready ...

I love Christmas but often find that there is so much to do that I like to do the things I can ahead of time. This year, I decided to prepare the table in the conservatory for us because it will be easier to just concentrate on the company & the cooking.

This was our table in 2016 





I loved the 2011 setting 


I do not use this set of gifted cutlery enough because it has to be hand washed; however as the table was set ahead of time, it was practical to use it.


The colour is the important thing - I opted for traditional red, white & gold this year with lots of greenery about too.  The glass candle sticks are usually in the dining room but they are needed here. The gold chargers are practical & they shimmer with the red glassware ...


I moved the furniture around to give us more space - sideboard, drinks tables & somewhere to pop the nuts & nibbles too. This room has a lovely garden view which  I love too ...



Don’t you love this little Christmas lady who is so sweet ... 


The lovely Oliver Bonas cheese board is ready (the lid swivels to reveal the cheese knives); I always buy nuts (oops, must find my nutcrackers ...) because we always had them at home as a child. My Dad used to sit outdoors with us children & crack nuts for us to snack on while my Mother & Grandmother did the last meal preparations so they are a lovely tradition that I keep.


Some drinks we might use are brought through - the little drink inspired ornaments always come out at this time of the year. Some more battery lights are added. 

A bit of polish to shine up the water jug & the drinks shaker ...


 I think we are ready ...

I love looking at the table & I am glad that it has been done ahead of the time so that the cooking will be easier. I have a tradition of buying a new decoration for the girls each year - this year they have sheep 


Andy has a dog at his place - not quite a viszla but a dog never the less


 All ready now - I rather love it ... 

This year, we are having an early Christmas meal together with the girls & Andy before they head north for a well earned festive break from their busy work lives - Christmas can be whenever you are gathered together & that is the best thing. 

Once again, I remember those friends & family who we have lost this year & those who are no longer with us - to speak their names is for them to live still. 

I look forward to the family gathering around the table again, thank you for your company. May you have a very blessed time with your family. 
Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.