Thursday 28 September 2023

A relaxing afternoon tea on the canals ...

 It is no secret that I love the canals which criss-cross our county & much of England. They were the super highways of times past - an easy way to move goods around, especially the  delicate, fragile items from the potteries of Staffordshire & Shropshire. They take on different moods at different times of the year as it is lovely when frosted in deep winter.  It was my choice of a day out for my own birthday this year ... I digress ...

For my friends big birthday, I booked an afternoon tea for us both on the canals. It is a section of the canals I haven't travelled on & hubby & I did a pre-visit trip to get my bearings & see what is around it. 

We arrived in good time,  all 26 spaces booked up on the boat - Georgie's canal cruises was our choice as they do afternoon teas & other events.  Fairy lights amidst some green swags looked so inviting inside. 


The tables were set for tea & as soon as we were on board, tea & coffee was offered, along with the traditional afternoon tea of savoury sandwiches, sausage roll, scones with jam & clotted cream, a gorgeous cheesecake like treat in a glass & a cake of course. 




It was very relaxing just chatting & enjoying the passing countryside. 

Everything is very green after a wet summer. We passed through several locks before turning at the basin & making our way back. 

A thoroughly enjoyable time & a lovely birthday treat for my friend - her first canal cruise. 

Thank you for stopping by & spending time reading my blog. Your visits are always much appreciated, 

Dee 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.