Friday 13 April 2012

Catching up with family in Africa ...

Eldest daughter & I have been in South Africa to join family to lay my mother to rest according to her wishes & to be there as my father adjusts to life after being together for nearly 56 years. It is, as you can well imagine, a massive adjustment & we all wanted to be there for him.


I chronicles Mom's family story in a previous blog post Special Women in my family  . We all met to lay her ashes to rest & to pay our respects to her close family members who are buried close as well.

It is at times like this that we all draw near to gather strength from one another as the circle of life takes another ....


and then onto my sisters father in law - Joe - where he made us all welcome again so that we could all gather in a large extended family group to catch up with each other in a relaxed way before some of us headed off with Dad to the farm for a week.


I just love the scenery along the way - as the long flat roads give rise to majestic mountains & familiar scenery. The 7 hour trip - with lots of leg stretching stops - afforded quality catching up time.

The photos were taken on a fast speed while travelling & daughter of Wondering Star    blog did some editting for me & I think they turned out rather well ....

Do you enjoy long trips or is it something to be endured rather than enjoyed?

Dee ~♥~        

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.