Wednesday 12 March 2014

Our Gentlework is all complete ....

I am so pleased to find so many lovely comments & feedback on the hand sewing Gentlework posts that I will show you the stunning items made by all 10 of us on our day course.

The fabulous workroom at Rustic & White - such beautiful things everywhere


Some of Christine's Gentlework to inspire us ...


Just some of the selection of vintage fabric, cottons, lace, beads, buttons, blanket backing & embellishments brought along by Christine for the workshop


With so much inspiration it was soon busy hands all working away ...


The workroom is an absolute joy to work in


10 pairs of hands, all the same fabrics to choose from; 10 very individual items ...


Just about finished in our 6 hours ... Christine casting her eye over our work!


 The 10 finished items ... from little hangings to brooches & a needle bag


All the photos shown here were taken with my Canon 5D mkII with a 24-105 lens so please ask if you wish to use them.  I am photographing a friends wedding in May so am getting in lots of extra camera time ....

I hope you have enjoyed this sewing series with me - if you are interested & can make it to a Gentlework sewing day, I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I have ...

Thank you for stopping by, leave a comment so I know you have enjoyed your visit,
Dee ~♥~

For Lainie - a cropped image of the writing stiches - I hope this helps x

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful Dee, you've captured the day so beautifully, I've shared, Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine - beautiful things help to make beautiful photos …. So many want to join your courses that I am so glad to have been part of it x

      Delete
  2. I'm now following you Dee :-) beautiful blog post.......I love Christine's work too. So lovely to be friends with creative people. Love Marilyn from Interlaced Textile Arts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn - thanks for following, I am a new convert to Christine's work & love the delicate beauty of it …. I will reciprocate the visit x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos. I am so envious about your day's stitching. Would love to do a day like this somewhere in Wiltshire !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - one of the ladies came over from Belgium to do the Gentlework day because she is such a big fan of Christine's work! Hope you get to do a course near you ….

      Delete
  4. What a creative group of women you are. Looks like you are enjoying yourself and what beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbiedoos - the group was so inspirational with really lovely ladies - a perfect time!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pieces. Thank you for sharing the work and the setting with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Maggi - I hope it has inspired you x

      Delete
  6. I've admired Christine's work for quite a while, and now get to enjoy your blog as well. I doubt I will ever get to attend a Gentlework workshop, since I live in the US, but love to see how a true artist puts things together. I've wondered about the writing, and it appears to just be either a back stitch, stem stitch or straight stitch. I thought once it might be a couching over another strand, but I think I'm just seeing what it looks like when an expert/true artist does it! Beautiful-- Lainie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lainie - I am a new convert to Christine's work & only came across it through Rustic & White running the day but I am now a great fan of it. Like you, when I looked at her beautiful items, I could not understand the process or how it was put together so the day with her was so useful! Christine talked us through the writing which was done with running stitch, back stitch of whipping or threaded running stitch. I have added a last photo for you. I hope that helps ...

      Delete
    2. The example was great! I look forward to using the whipping or threaded running stitch. I'm not familiar with that, so it will be a fun one to learn. Thanks, and God bless!

      Delete
  7. Hello D! This lens is really impressive but of course it is also the person behind the camera. Great pictures! I am still in my 'after-glow' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just visited your blog to read your account of our wonderful day - so beautiful as is all the work & inspiration. I know I will be stopping by your beautiful blog often Anke as it is a visual joy xx
      http://bayou-bayoublog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/une-journee-parfaite.html?showComment=1394787091093#c4281085246352276390

      Delete
  8. you've done it again, wowing us with the most perfect collage of photos of the workshop. exquisite, truly beautiful. thank you. hope to be in england next time christine has a workshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you enjoyed the collages (I think they tell a little story which is why I like them .... ). I hope you get to a Gentlework day as it is inspirational. I love your blog & will visit it often for a catch up -have a lovely weekend ... x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful Dee....I love her work! Looks like you gals learned quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda - her work is absolutely amazing, so talented & really inspirational x

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.