Wednesday 9 January 2013

Liquid gold ....

While out browsing with friends, this book caught my eye. I freely admit to loving perfumes & wearing some every single day ....


Like most women, I have my favourites of the liquid gold in their often stunning bottle ....


My special ones are on a little silver tray so I can enjoy their beauty & have them close at hand to use everyday.

The silver mirror & brush belonged to my husband's grandmother & they look just right next to the silver tray with my favourites.


 Can you spot any favourites that you share with me?


 I was gifted a bottle of the traditional 4711 after my mother in law visited the Cologne & brought it back especially for me.  It is a familiar fragrance that my grandmother always wore & has not changed in decades. I am sure we all know someone who wears this still ...



 These long leather gloves are old family ones too with their pearly buttons


My favourite perfume remains - OPIUM - I just love its heady scent & have worn it for years & might just have a bottle or three handy :)



My friend gave me some Beautiful & it is lovely - one of those easy to wear perfumes that is not too powerful.



 The classic Chanel no5 is another favourite too but for some reason I was unable to locate my bottle when I did the photos ....


 I recently bought this Dior Escale aux Marquises after trying it at duty free in Paris - a subtle lighter fragrance that is perfect for warmer weather & as you can see from the bottle, it is already a favourite.


 Another favourite by Bvlgari 


A slightly heavier perfume is Givenchy's Ange ou Demon - again it is an rich, sweet oriental type perfume like Opium ....

Gianfranco's Ferre is another floral perfume with hints of yang-ylang but it is not as concentrated as the oriental perfumes so is a favourite everyday wear ...


Elizabeth Arden's Red Door is another favourite but it can be a bit overpowering as it is quite strong so I tend to avoid it on tutoring days when I work in small spaces as my students say this one is 'strong'


Gloria Vanderbilt's Vanderbilt is another floral favourite - don't you just love the bottles?


 This is the background information which makes interesting reading as several of my perfumes have strong floral under tones.



Perfumes should be kept away from direct light & heat, keep them where you enjoy looking at &   wearing them as the bottles are so beautiful too.


What are your favourites? Are you swayed by celebrity perfumes or do you stick to favourites? Tell all please ....

Thanks for stopping by,
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. I love Amor Amore for an everyday lighter perfume. Prefer Obsession for a big night out and have recently discovered 'Amber' by L'Occitane which is an almost lighter version of Obsession.
    When I was younger, I would get given Tresor, Eden & many other Lancome mini's by by nana & greant Aunt. All very strong or sweet.

    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by & commenting. I have not used any of those perfumes & am intrigued now as I like strong & sweet ... some new ones to test!

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.