Saturday 3 December 2022

A felt fungi decoration workshop

 I love doing felt work & was excited to see one by the talented Sophie of All things felt & beautiful 

I naturally signed up immediately & then went through my felt supplies and am pleased that I have most of what is needed - some of the colours are not exactly the brand she recommended but she advises to use what you have. 

I just love such courses - online communities are so brilliant at trying something new, and I have not felted fungi yet ... 

She shared the background that fly agaric toadstools are steeped in myth & festive magic. They were traditionally collected & used to decorate in the home. They usually grow near pine trees & so the association to Xmas trees is there already. 

I ordered some additional felt from eBay - helpfully called “leftovers - merino wool tops” which I thought would be useful. However, it was delayed so I used what I had & then these two gorgeous packs arrived as I was finishing off … 

I mixed some of the blue / grey / lilac for a colour I needed 


Not quite the right colours but it is about the process; I drew the shape on my felt ... 


Felting the green background; my white was actually cream so my fungi was quite sweet. 


My little 3inch creation in a hoop - not quite finished as I have to do the top of it with a hanging thread & something to hide the tightening screw but I am pleased with it. 


I know where I want to change & improve so will be making another one or two this week. Are you crafting anything for Christmas? Tell all and thank you for stopping by, 
Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.