Friday 30 December 2022

Using the time between the years ...

 Twixmas is the pretty name for the week between Christmas & the new year. 


Just as the pandemic was raising its head at the end of 2019, we took a Twixmas tour & what fun it was to just breach that time when things stand still. I had been on another  tour just the week before that to the beautiful cities of  Salzburg, Munich & Innsbruck  & it was a magical time - little did we know what awaited us in 2020 ... 

I like to use this time between the years to just tidy up my diary & add in the things that will come up so quickly once the new year is here.  I rely on my diary to keep track of students & appointments so it is a good time to get it all in order. 

I am seldom without a notebook at hand - I just love writing, making notes, doing planning for sewing or such like & so have an assortment of pens at hand, because you never know which one you need. Mine are on a nice rotating wooden container that is compact & functional. 

I was blessed to be gifted a pink leather notebook / journal by my lovely friend & neighbour - it has my name impressed on it & I am so pleased with it. 


I like to make the distinction - diaries are for appointments, journals for thoughts, travel journals are for recording moments you will return to .... 

During this week, after the busyness of the festive season, it is a time to just reflect on the year in the quietness when no one really expects much to be done - the quiet after the storm time. 

However you are spending the time between the years, I hope you have had restorative & reflection time, thank you for stopping by, see you in 2023 

Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.