Thursday 8 December 2022

Hand made Christmas tree decorations

 Hi everyone, thank you for stopping by at this busy time. Will you be doing any sewing before Christmas? 

I decided to do little fabric tree shapes that could be strung for a garland or used on the Christmas  tree. 

My design is a simple one of a tree shape with a little combined base. The triangle tree is about 12 cm tall & about 10 cm wide at the base. Do a size you are happy with, fold it in half (to get an identical shape) and then cut out a template. Mine template is from an old envelop (a good way to reuse the paper that drops through the door.) In the end, I decided to do a combined tree & base shape as that is easier to work with. 

I used festive fabric I already had then machine stitched with a ribbon at the top. I stitched 3 sides & while it was still under the machine, I gently stuffed some soft batting / toy filler in & poked it about with this lovely pointed wooden stick I had found recently in a shop. It works so well ... 




After sewing them together, I decided to do blanket stitch around the edges in gold, red or green to finish off the shape neatly. It is a favourite decorative stitch that looks especially nice in a bold colour.




  A simple design but one that little hands can play with in the run up to Christmas. It is good to have decorations that can be moved about without fear of damage. The best thing is I used everything I already had in my sewing stash & that is a good thing. 

Will you have time to do some sewing or is the busy time catching up now? 

Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate a share or follow, 

Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.