Monday 30 January 2023

Early morning baking - date, banana & cranberry muffins ...

 Hi there, 

Do you find that yourself doing some baking on the spur of the moment? I stopped off at our local farm shop & they have a policy of 'War on Waste' so fresh items are regularly put in the basket when the shelves are restocked. I often pick up a bag of local apples that are reduced to share with our many blackbirds in the garden. That is their absolute favourite snack. 

Today there was 2 bags of lovely bananas, the one bag just getting dark spots on the skins & I knew they were perfect for date & banana bread.  I knew I had everything else so it was a good find. 

The pack of dates was leftover from Christmas, the cranberries & blueberry mix is from the health shop grape tree - it is a lovely combination to keep at home. 

I have shared the recipe I use before  for banana bread  / date, cranberry & banana bread - I always pop a few muffins in the freezer for when we want something. 

The spices can be what you life - cinnamon, mixed spice etc I use less sugar when adding dates or cranberries as they are sweet. It is a favourite in our home & perfect for using up soft bananas or random bits.  


I hope you are inspired to bake some too, let me know if you do, 

Dee ðŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.