Wednesday 7 February 2024

Conceal & Reveal circular stitching ...

 The second month of the circular stitching project has 'Conceal & Reveal' as its seasonal title, the brief suggesting circular holes that have a padded / infilled backing that is then stitched in whatever way we like to reflect winter. 

I  immediately thought of snowdrops as they are slowly emerging from their winter blankets of earth or snow. That leads on nicely from the previous snow blanket them & uses similar thread colours (the above picture is some I selected from my stash to use on the first one) 

The 6 x 6 inch page with the 4 inch circle was once again ready for the brief - I used some fine chiffon fabric I had with some soft batting in it.  

I cut 3 holes & blanket stitched around the edges to hold it in place with each hole - very fiddly.  

I had to work out how to put the padded chiffon behind - that was challenging as the chiffon kept slipping & the batting did not stay in front as I hoped. I had to revert to stay stitches (loose stitches to hold it in place.) 

The brief said edge with a couched rope so I opted to do some wool to suggest a tree shape with the snowdrops below. 

The tree shape looked flat so I added some beads to it in places & they worked particularly well on the bottom, suggesting new growth emerging. 

The 3 round shapes became snow mounds that I embroidered snow drop stems & leaves reaching out of - that part was actually easier than filling the chiffon mounds. 

I am rather pleased with the second page of this project, there are some things I would change but it is done rather than too much planning & thinking which stifles the creative process. 

I am always grateful to the generous creative souls who inspire & lead us to be more creative through such projects - a great inspiration. 

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you are inspired to seek out projects that interest you. That is where the internet is really brilliant, 

Dee 🧵🪡❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.