Thursday 14 December 2017

The Christmas sideboard / dresser is ready

Our early winter snow has rather thrown my plans out the window as I have rather walked the snow taking lots of photos, than getting ready for Christmas.

This is how previous Christmas sideboards looked in

2012-chirstmas-sideboard-is-done

2013 the-festive-sideboard-is-ready

2014 it-is-looking-more-festive-at-home

2015 Christmas sideboard

2016 the-sideboard-is-looking-starting-to-look-festive 

My sideboard / dresser was still not done .... what to do ...


Coffee time - my lovely little niece & I bought each other matching mugs in Johannesburg so we think of each other across the miles ....


I unpacked some favourites - I love these Emma Bridgewater pieces - they just epitomise Christmas


These are needed too ...


Mince pies are always eaten at Christmas on this gifted plate. I like having them on hand on the sideboard / dresser as they can be used easily when needed.


A few things are needed that make you smile ....



I sometimes cut fresh ivy & holly for the winter solstice but with all the snow, that is not happening so some faux strands will help for now ...

The cheese board & cake stand were Oliver Bonas gifts from the girls & they like being there ...


Green, purple, red, white candles on the top will be used over the festive season. I love having the candle sticks on the top ready for the table at night ...


It always feels more festive when the sideboard looks ready & we have the special plates & bowls at hand that we will need. How is your planning going? Thank you for stoping by & taking the time to read & comment!
Dee ~♥~


2 comments:

  1. My planning is done....the execution of my plans....not so much :^)
    I love your dish cabinet....It is so nice to see all of the pretty colors and special decorations, and know that they will all be used to make your table beautiful!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Her ladyship mug

    ReplyDelete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.