Sunday 3 December 2017

A fresh tree for the cosy cottage ...

Hi everyone

My regular readers are familiar with my A Wondering Star daughter & her lovely blog.

I love an invitation to their lovely Victorian Cottage in Oxfordshire - she has photos on her blog. I love being so welcome in their lovely guest room with its bare brick wall & original fireplace etc. It is a mix of old & very modern.


They decided on a fresh Christmas tree, & this was their only free weekend so it was decided to get one from a place called Christmas Common. I thought that they were teasing me, however, that is a real place closely. Christmas Common - how easily it rolls off the tongue!


We set off to select a tree at the Tree Barn at Christmas Common 


Such a great choice of cut & potted trees, in various shapes, varieties & sizes - so much choice!


They have such a fabulous barn full of the most stunning festive items & decorations .


This tree really took my eye - beautiful, modern & vibrant!


I loved the beautiful traditionally British decorations too ...


Red & gold, my usual colour choice but not this year ....


I really loved having so many trees set out differently with the decorations used around the tree to make it easier to select them.


Another lovely tree ... 



So pretty - a woodland theme ...


We selected a potted tree & some new decorations that I know will suit them - time to head back to their cottage & put it up ... 


A perfect spot up high where the lovely vizslas can't bump in to it ...


Their advent candle is lit while we do the tree. We took their East of India fabric advent calendars down with us - filled with 2 chocolate treats in each space ...


I selected this vibrant pheasant for their tree because they often come across them when they walk in the woods near their home. The hanging pomander smelt so festive ...


This little deer near the 2 dog ornaments is a reminder of the deer that share their walks ...


Coffee & pastries around the tree & fire ...


How cosy is this?


Their lovely cottage will be undergoing a lot of modernisation with extensions in the New Year so they are enjoying their space as it is. I think it is perfectly cosy. I hope you have enjoyed the visit to Christmas Common too - thank you for stopping by & taking time to comment.
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...a brick wall and a fireplace....can't get much better than that....oh, except for the two pups too!!!
    I'm glad you had a good time and the tree place looked awesome!!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaybird - it is the end of terrace Victorian cottage built in the 1860's & it is just so lovely. They have bold plans for it in the New Year that I will share with you!

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.