Monday 13 November 2023

A nod to Scandinavian decorations ….

Is anyone else doing some sewing ahead of putting up decorations? I did quite a lot of handsewn decorations last year.  I saw this in one of my many books & it reminded me of making them decades ago. You need two fabrics ... 

I did  similar little woven hearts were with my Mother & Grandmother as a child but they were with paper which was probably easier as it was firmer. I came across the pattern in one of my many sewing books & decided they would look rather sweet as a decoration this year.

The little template is an easy shape with 2 cuts making 3 parts. You need two of these for each heart as they are woven together to make a heart shape.

I was out of practice & had to pull them apart a few times & redo them.

Once they were woven, I attached them to plain felt shaped hearts, then using my favourite blanket stitch all around the edge. A length of white cord was stitched in to the top so they can be used as a decoration.

I might make some others, perhaps using a stiffer fabric.  I might even do several different colours & make them to pop in to Christmas cards as a gift. 

What are your festive decorations looking like? Tell all & inspire us ... 


Thanks for stopping by, do comment & share please

Dee 🧵🪡

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.