Wednesday 29 November 2023

The foraged swag is done ...

I love to have fresh foliage on the wreath on the front door. These are some of the previous ones 

2011201220162017 , 2018,  2019 , 2022 

Then there is a small matter of the wreath for the front door.  It is tricky because our door is black & the fresh greens don't show up very well. 

We ventured to one of our local woods to forage for some greenery.  No one mind a few branches being taken for a wreath so we are always mindful to pick up branches or only take what we need. I love the soft woodland floor, spongy from all the fallen leaves over many years. It is a joy to just wander around & find some suitable greens. 

My enthusiasm doesn't match my wreath making skill - I really need to do a course on how to do it properly. However, it all seemed to be ok in the end. I fortunately had picked up some pinecones too that I wired in place. This overly generous pink ribbon & bows had been a recent charity shop purchase with the door wreath in mind & so it was a relief to have something ready. 


I think it looks just fine - the plants in the planters by the door will get ribbons & baubles so it will all look rather festive soon. 

I hope your thoughts have turned to the advancing festive season too. Thank you for your time, do stop by again & share your projects & websites with me, 

Dee 🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.