Monday 23 December 2019

The four Advent candles are lit ...

Hi all,

My pledge this past year has been to embrace life & travel more & that I have done, just returning from Christmas markets in Salzburg, Munich & Innsbruck.

While travelling pre Christmas, I saw the traditions & observances they hold dear - many of my ancestors came from that part of Europe & in many ways, I have observed similar ones so they feel familiar to me - familiar as I know them in various forms.

My Austrian hairdresser advised me on where to visit in Salzburg, one of her favourite places outside of Vienna where her Mother still lives. She always has an Advent candle in her salon & this is hers ...


Germany & Austria had some beautiful Advent candle holder on their traditional Christmas markets. There were Advent holders with space for the candles all over & it is something every home will have.



The Cathedral in Salzburg had a hanging wreath above its entrance, with the traditional market just opposite ...




 In the Salzburg Cathedral, on a rope so it can be lowered to be lit ...


The ceiling of the Cathedral in Munchen / Munich


The traditional Advent wreath in Munich Cathedral ...



The stunning green topped copper domes of the Munich Cathedral ...


The Heilige Geist Kirche in Munich


The Advent wreath, a Christmastime, elegantly lit & the traditional Christmas scenes ...


While visiting these amazing churches, I took the time to light a prayer / remembrance candle for my Mother who was born of Christmas day.  Her ancestry was very much of this region so it seemed appropriate to remember her in Cathedrals there ...

 This one next to the Frauen chapel in the Munich Cathedral


For the Mother’s who won’t be with us at Christmas ...


 In Salzburg, at the Cathedral ...


Another prayer for our Mum’s ...


As we approach Christmas, give thanks for all the blessings you do have & I think this is how we should all approach the festive season  .... 


Be blessed as we approach Christmas, stay real, keep Christmas special & above all, be kind to one another ... 
Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.