Thursday 21 November 2019

Enjoying our lovely Autumn ...

I unashamedly love Autumn - the feeling that earth is winding down after a busy summer, that it is acceptable to catch ones breath & enjoy a slower pace of life, hibernation & hygge / hyggae are inviting, it is the season of contentment ...

Notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature’ Friedrich Nietzsche


I love the contrasts between the white frost, blue skies & the carpet of russets, crimsons, gold, scarlet, saffron orange, and luminous yellow leaves lift the spirit.


I love how fallen leaves accentuate individual leaf shapes - the edges curl up elegantly as they gather in beautiful heaps that crunch as you walk through them.


I love the filtered light through the canopy of leaves & how a breeze, however light, brings them tumbling down - gently.

I have got out early on my day off to wander in the local woods & to just breath in the beauty of Autumn.


Autumn is a time beloved by many of our favourite artists - Van Gogh's Landscape with four trees  is a favourite, the colours & trees represent Autumn well.

My students have used David Hockney’s stunning ‘Woldgate woods’ as an Autumn art inspiration before, I think we need to revisit this beautiful art

'Everyone must take time to sit & watch the leaves turn’ - Elizabeth Lawrence


Falling leaves hide the path so quietly’ John Bailey


Leaves are falling, Autumn is calling


My favourite colour is Autumn’


‘ I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as Autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air’ Nathaniel Hawthorne


Wild is the music of the Autumnal winds amongst the faded woods’ William Wordsworth


Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall’ F. Scott Fitzgerald


I hope you are enjoying Autumn wherever you are, get out & jump in those leaves. Do you have a favourite Autumn quote?

Thank you for your company,
Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.