Saturday 9 March 2024

Long Meg and her daughters stone circle

Come & visit a fascinating stone circle in Cumbria with me ... 

Stonehenge is our most famous stone circle but there are many other fascinating ones dotted around hillsides all over our Isle. 

 I always find ancient stone circles fascinating. I wonder why they are where they are & ponder on their significance to the local area. 

Long Meg and her daughters was one I did not know about so an unexpected pleasure as I love new places. I love visiting new places & finding out things I did not know. 

The 350 foot stone circle stands proud of the landscape, it is on a gentle slope with water springs & a river nearby. It has a fascinating connection to the Druid ceremonies associated with the solstices etc and was most certainly a place where people gathered at certain times, for whatever reason. 

The circle of Long Meg & her daughters are fascinating and I am really glad to have visited these. 

I admire those who were so in tune with nature & celebrated events they probably didn’t understand. It cannot be a coincidence that the stones line up with the rising sun at certain times of the year. The ancestors were more in tune with nature than we give them credit for. 

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have found this interesting. 

Dee📖

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.