Thursday 7 March 2024

Early Spring renewal sewing ...

 Hi all, 

I have had a little break away at the seaside, revisiting some places I have not been to in ages. I love visiting places again because you enjoy them all again  ... 

However, I am back now & am on to the third of eleven monthly stitch projects for the Circular stitching project. 

The first was - 

Mid winter - snow blanket

Late winter - conceal & reveal 

Early spring - renewal. 

The brief remains a 6x6  inch square with a circle in the centre. The squares will stiffened, backed, edged then sewn together right at the end.

My colour choices for early spring ... 

It has been such a fun brief each month & the pressure is off when  you have a whole month to stitch. 

I confess that I still need to do the stiffening layer for the first two months then back  & edge them but I am thinking of doing the first three at the same time ... 

This months brief was the emerging spring life / blooms. Each project has to have the circular element. This one advised the circular blanket stitch I had tried out in various projects previously so I was confident in using it. 

I used a circular piece of lace as the guide size on my square & I find that stitches look better on a double layer of fabric. These stitches look better in varigated thread so I decided on the yellow / orange threads for the circular stitching which gave it an interesting tone. 

It is easy to do identical stitching but I think a variety of lengths & sizes works better. I off centred the stitching too to break away from the rigid circular shape. 

I filled in the centre with green, orange & yellow french knots. I am tempted to add a few beads in between the knots but that is best done in day light as it is a fiddly job. 

I am rather pleased with the start of it .... 

What projects are you busy with at the moment? Are they a group led or something you are doing by yourself? Tell all ... 

Thank you for stopping by, your company & comments are always appreciated. 

Dee ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿงต๐Ÿชก


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.