Sunday 21 December 2014

Midwinter solstice time ...

Hello all

I am sure that your planning is as busy as mine. I have been away visiting family & attending to some family jobs.

However, I managed to spend the time productively by getting some presents,  window shopping & enjoying some meals out too.

We arrived back home this afternoon & enjoyed a lovely Winter solstice sunset of pink & blue colour across the sky - a lovely reminder of the beauty of Winter.

Many cultures have specific traditions associated with Mid Winter.

Holly & mistletoe have always been associated with pagan rituals during winter & they have crept into our own lives. I love to have a bowl of pretty pine cones, boughs of holly & ivy & bowls of fragrant bulbs in my home …

Look at previous Winter solstice posts - 2011, 2012, 2013 -

The sun has set beautifully on our shortest day - the days will gradually lengthen & brighten up - that is certainly something to look forward to.





























Hope you have observed the changing season - even if it was just pausing to look at the sunrise or sunset ….

Thanks for stopping by,  especially as the festive planning takes over our time
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue - I hope you & yours are having a fabulous time too ...

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.