Sunday 3 December 2023

Welcome Advent ...



I have had a rather busy time & between a cousin & myself, we seemed to have mixed up our Advent dates.  Christmas falls on a Monday so our four Sunday countdown begins on the 3rd only. How did I get that wrong?   Busy times mess with our planners ... 

However, being so keen means that my candles are ready now.  Last year I did the traditional Advent colours, this year it is going to be a calming green only. 

The first Sunday of Advent and the ring was ready with some colourful baubles and a set of pretty green candles.  

We woke to snow on Advent Sunday & I had to take the ring out on to the patio to enjoy the scene, the candle burning strongly in the coolness. The first candle is for HOPE 

The tradition of lighting the candle each of the four Sundays gives us an opportunity to reflect on our lives & to be thankful for what we have. Thankfulness is very important in our life. 

The little felt ornaments are for the little ones tree, they will be added to their gorgeous tree, safe for little hands to enjoy ... 


 Coffee & a traditional fruity mince pie are a perfect start to the Advent countdown. Some of the pretty hand made Christmas decorations from last year joined the scene ... 

Have a blessed day everyone, I am still getting ready for the festive season, Are you ready? Tell all ... 

Dee 🎄⛪️

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.