Sunday 12 February 2012

A colourful breakfast ....

After a week of icy weather in the Shire, it was nice to just have a relaxing weekend with the family and what better than a hearty breakfast with blueberry pancakes with ice-cream, freshly squeezed orange juice and tea?

Daughter & her boyfriend Andy did amazing blueberry pancakes which meant I was free to do my favourite thing ... a nice table setting.

STREETLIFE, Royal Stafford breakfast

This set is one that was built up by the daughters over several months for me - designed by the artist Petra Tilly for Royal Stafford; Streetlife is just fun, not too serious & very colourful!


What particularly appeals to me is how the plates, cups & teaset is all painted in different scenes which makes for lively conversation.

I love the teapot scene - car washing with some style!


I teamed up the colourful plates with vintage cutlery in different colours for each place setting.


Daughter did grilled pink grapefruits which she served in large breakfast cups .... how fun is that?


A very relaxing start to the day - time to just take life a little -s-l-o-w-e-r-, time to catch up on each others news & activities and enjoy family time.  Weekend breakfasts are special because we are not rushed!


.... and the blueberry muffins - fresh blueberries made them special (along with a coulis to add more fruit). A word of warning - we did have one or two really plump blueberries that just seemed to explode when forked ...

I hope your weekend was relaxing & enjoyable.

What is your favourite family breakfast? Do you get slower time on the weekend?

Pop in again soon, subscribe & leave your link so I can return your visit!

Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.