Tuesday 21 February 2012

Time for pancakes ....

Pancakes - they are just a favourite in our household - often as a weekend breakfast ...
Sunday breakfast
  

Pancakes for breakfast

We love pancakes for Sunday breakfast with fruit, yoghurt & filter coffee.


Shrove Tuesday marks the start of a time of reflection & abstinence ahead of the 40 (47 actually if you count the Sunday's) days of Lent.

Shrove Tuesday pancake time ....

My students have spent the day telling me about the wonderful fillings they were going to have but I have settled for fresh strawberries, yoghurt & some toffee or pecan syrup with lots of cinnamon sugar & a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to cut through the sweetness.


The arrival of Lent always means giving up something - this year, I am going to do my best to give up chocolate. It is my weakness but that is my resolve ....

Are you giving up anything for Lent? What are your favourite pancakes & fillings?


So bring on Ash Wednesday tomorrow & let Lent begin!

Dee ♥
Ps Don't you just love the pretty Ikea Spring-like plates?

4 comments:

  1. well....why was i not invited....hehehehehe?? that looks wonderful....sadly, i almost forgot it was pancake day..how i did that is beyond me 'cos i love pancakes....so who needs an excuse...i think i will make some tomorrow!!! definitely cinnamon sugar and lemon for me....yum!!!

    what will i be giving up....now there's a thought....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff Liane ... add some fruit & you feel virtuous ♥

      Delete
  2. Yum! looks great and yummy!. Nice Blog. When asking here about shrove Tuesday I got blank looks... But had pancakes anyway, with yogurt, passion fruit, blueberries, grapes and maple syrup, Yum! Oh and giving up chocolate and Crisps(as always!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good thanks Tony; so Shrove Tuesday is shrouded in mystery down under .... your combination of fruit & passionfruit sounds great and good luck with the chocolate abstinence!

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.