Thursday 22 October 2015

Enjoying some colouring ….

Autumn is here - officially & nature is showing her lovely colours …

I saw this on the way to students this week - Autumn is all its splendour.



I popped in to a lovely local independent shop - Number 45 & teated myself to some lovely things


I am sure we all remember colouring in as children but now, colouring has become an adult past time with some stunning books & crayons available.  Several articles point out the therapeutic properties of the gentle art of colouring. I sometimes colour alongside some of my youngest students & I know that it has a calming effect on them, as well as improving their concentration & fine motor control.


How lovely are these crayons?


The Secret Garden is a favourite children's book so I was drawn to this book ….


 With damp mornings, this very pretty bag is perfect for being both pretty & functional.


A fabulous chocolate truffle scented candle completes my indulgences … bring on the darker days - I am ready!

Have you been converted to colouring in?  Are you Autumn ready? Not long till our clocks go back …

Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to read & comment. I always appreciate your views.
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.