Tuesday 19 July 2016

A sample pottery plate ...

Hi everyone

My regular visitors know that I have a fascination with china, glass & various pottery items.


I recently found this interesting sample plate by J.E. Heath Ltd - from the iconic Burslem potteries in Stoke on Trent.

What is fascinating is all the Southern African emblems which clearly shows the target market for it.

It shows how sales has changed over time & how far & wide the potteries of Stoke on Trent hawked their wares & how valued they were.

I know many of these places personally so this is a very interesting item. I can imagine a salesman hawking china with this as his sample item ... totally fascinating.

Thank you for stopping by & taking the time to read & comment. 
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dee,

    Do you still own the J.E. Heath Ltd badge sample plate?

    Kind regards

    Ben Miller (Curator of Ceramics at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery, Stoke-on-Trent)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, does it need a new home? email me Deirdresnook@yahoo.co.uk

      Regards D

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.