Wednesday 9 March 2022

A decade of remembering ....

 You cannot touch the same water twice & you cannot hold back time. When we look at family photos & faces, we see the past, the present & the future all together, 

Today marks an entire decade without my Mother - I shared the strong women in my family & the news of my Mother's passing.  I know my followers are familiar with many of the stories and of my Mother's great love of sending letters. I shared some of them in emails are just not letters .

I would often get home & find a letter in her familiar script on the door mat & it was a joy to make a cup of tea then sit down & read the news from across the continents. My Mother wrote vividly, telling all news - good, bad, personal, the neighbours, the shop keeper, the supermarket helper, the farmer & the petrol attendant - they were all known to me. 

These special letters are at my desk upstairs, in my room, where I can sit at my desk & read them to take it all in again. That is the beauty of letters - they are a link to the past, to those who took the time to pen the words, even when they were unwell, as my Mother was for the last year of her life. They are in a fabric holder I made from one of her cloths & then embroidered on it, because I learnt to sew at my Mother's knee. She always had something in her hands that she was doing - embroidery, sewing, crochet, writing letters .... 


Once again, on this occasion, I choose to celebrate my Mother's life because that is her legacy - how she would want to be remembered.  A legacy last as long as someone is there to tell the story, to share the idiosyncrasies, the life lived ... 


Be blessed, go through life gently & be thankful for the time you had rather then the time that is lost. 
Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.