Wednesday 1 January 2020

Festive sideboards at home

I like to look back over my table settings because it is different depending on who we are entertaining & if it is families or couples. I like people to feel the table is special for them ... 

I used some of my brass deer & coloured glass candle holders for this ... 


I love the little battery lights on the sideboard - they are warm & pretty. We use the china straight off the sideboard / dresser so it is useful to have it to hand ... 


I like to look back over my festive table settings - this one is similar but I have used the large silver candelabra & the gold rimmed glasses for adult visitors ...


Warm & inviting mix of red, silver & gold with the glass gems reflecting light from the candles ...


I love reds, golds & glistening silver - I love pretty tables ... 


Our Festive sideboard which contained many of our favourites which we used straight from the shelves. It is also a pleasure to look at the things we find pleasing ... 


The dresser / sideboard is well used all year round - it is a useful place to have the things I love using, & the space is used for serving right from ...


This gave way to a different one for the New Year 


I love the warmth of the little battery lights ...


Glass cakes stands elevate a simple pudding - a vanilla cheesecake (bought as I was just away) with fruit & a berry compote to go with it. Sometimes we just need to relax & buy in things so that we can have friends at our table without stressing ourselves about it ... 


A vintage glass cake stand was perfect for serving the pudding straight off ...


Seeing in the New Year & the new decade - I like mixing up the glass candle holders & candles to make it more informal & fun; the new year needs the TIME plates on the sideboard. Each plate has different times - they always remind me that TIME is different for each of us .... 


A white tablecloth with a festive natural coloured table runner, coloured glass candlesticks & candles, a string of battery lights,  tea light candles in silver goblets & pretty little glass gems - simple but pretty to see in the New Year ...


Twinkly lights make it all inviting ...


The coloured glass candlesticks & candles bring welcome colour to the table 


TIME - a New Year, use your time wisely ... 


I hope this has inspired you to surround yourself with things you love, to have friends at your table even if it means buying in the things you don’t have time to make. Do you have a favourite setting? Do you change things about each year?  

Thank you for stopping by, I look forward to your company & comments, 

Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.