Friday 3 January 2020

Salzburg’s Cafe Tomaselli

I just have to share the charming Salzburg cafe life with you. Salzburg is such an elegant & charming city& I loved every second I spent there. It is a place that leaves you wanting more, to want to return to visit every single corner of it ...

While there with Ms M, my sister in law (family by marriage, friends from choice) treated me to a gorgeous afternoon coffee at the oldest coffee house in Salzburg. It was my wedding anniversary & she kindly treated me - how spoilt am I?


The Cafe Tomaselli in Salzburg is situated in the heart of the old town or Alter markt where it has been for the last 150 years.  It is an iconic cafe, visited by locals & visitors alike ...



The very elegant entrance ...


Some of the cakes are brought around in perspex containers to each table so you can select from those on display.




I choose the classic apple strudel which everyone must indulge in there.  We selected the coffee with  the Mozart liquor to go with it. The waiter helpfully told us to have a sip them pour the rest in to the coffee ...

Such a wonderful way to take coffee & cake ...


It is a very elegant cafe, busy with people who want to enjoy the surroundings.



Cafe Tomaselli since 1703, Ms M posing at the entrance ...


What a fabulous treat that was, a special coffee in a special place, very thoughtful of Ms M


Elegant horse carriages glide through the streets, a scene not changed in generations ...


I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed sharing it,  thank you for stopping by & spending time on my blog, 
Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.