Wednesday 8 August 2012

Vintage browsing time ...

Vintage is very much in fashion again - even charity shops now have their 'vintage' sections but it is always more fun to browse vintage shops where you have row upon row, floor upon floor of treasures from the past.
I spent an interesting morning vintage browsing in the pretty south Shropshire town of Ludlow.

Ludlow buildings, south Shropshire

I am rather partial to hats & so looked through the selection with interest as I have a had festival next month & am still not inspired ....

Vintage hats in Ludlow

Interesting views everywhere - reflected in the many lovely mirrors ...

Vintage shopping,Ludlow,Shropshire












So many lovely things to look at ...



I rather liked this trunk for daughter's bedroom ...



 My friend's son gamely doing hats for photos ...
 That looked like a crocodile skin handbag - really vintage hats too; I recall my grandmother wearing something similar ...


 Fox or mink stoles ...


loved the face on this one ...

Really lovely walls done with vintage magazines ...

 Not sure about any of these hats ...

or these hats but the lamp is rather nice ...

everything displayed really well ...

that is one use for antlers ...

or another ...

and yet some more ....

a bit too plain for my liking ...

 a gramaphone lamp? very interesting ...




 an interesting vintage boat ..


more hats, still not found one which suits me ...


 classic blazer / jacket ...

some vintage top hats ....

 and boaters ....

A very good time was had by all - so much to see, to reminisce over because we have all seen similar things in the homes of elderly relative or perhaps our childhoods ..



Do you have a favourite era or item? Are you inclined towards vintage pieces of homeware or clothing? Tell all ...

Thanks for stopping by, please leave your link so I can return the visit,
Dee ~♥~

4 comments:

  1. A lovely visit through times past. Did you get the trunk ~ it's a "beaut".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get the trunk in the end for daughter but it is a definite favourite one ....

      Delete
  2. I also love the trunk...but..did you get it ? ;) lol...I love the way your pictures capture the 'atmosphere' of times gone by...I also love vintage and what great ideas and inspiration the pictures provide. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get the trunk for the Sparkly one; you know what definite ideas she has but it was a great browsing time because I love vintage things ...

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.