Saturday 1 February 2014

The Year of the Horse ....

The Chinese Year of the Horse started on 31st January 2014.

Personally, I am inclined towards deer & antlers but I have noticed a trend towards all things equestrian things after the Olympic events last year. Several fashion houses have given a nod to tailored riding jackets, fitted legging / trousers & crisp shirts.

The trend has not escaped home décor & I have seen several lovely horse items about.

Last year I bought a few 'vintage' wooden Indian items from a local Shropshire shop which stocks things are that sourced abroad. I knew straight away that the horse & 2 similarly painted round containers would go with our vintage family tray which has been in the family for at least 50 years, because the colours are so similar. I love the paintwork on it & how it is just comfortable they are with what we already own, especially the vintage family tray (seen standing up at the rear ...) and our Rectory Red wall in the lounge.


While browsing markets down south over Christmas, I broke down & bought 2 Polish hand painted horses but as yet, they are just not right for my home.

 
I had hoped the larger standing one would be fine with our red wall in the lounge but it is just not right & the rocking horse was cute at Christmas but it is ....



The fabulous blog Miss Mustard Seed gave me some inspiration for the rocking horse I bought but it does not fit in presently so I know I will use chalk paint to change it.

The other horse I bought is just 'ok' so it will probably have a make over too.

That is my nod to the Year of the Horse ...

Look at the fabulous horse inspiration in House Beautiful - perfectly lovely!

Are you inclined towards horses & equestrial things?

Roll on the Year of the Horse - I am ready to gallop along ...


Thanks for stopping by, have a fabulous weekend
Dee ~♥~

4 comments:

  1. Hello Dee, you left a comment on my blog (Gentlework) regarding my workshop - I''ve replied under your comment but if you wanted to discuss it further you can email me at gentlework@hotmail.co.uk. Best wishes, Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine - thanks for your message, I got a reply on your Facebook too. I look forward to the workshop & learning something new. I frequent Vintage & White & even did a blog post … http://deeatthecarlton.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/rustic-white-vintage-french-charm.html
      See you soon ...

      Delete
  2. I think your hand painted horses are fabulous. I love these little arty objects and I’m sure you will find just the right place to make them a home. Love all of your red wood, I think a great vignette using your treasures.
    Happy Valentine’s Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, for some reason this one slipped by - thank you for your kind comments about the red objects & wood .... I'm afraid the red wall rather limits choices ....

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.