Tuesday 17 February 2015

Happy flipping …..

Shrove Tuesday is upon us once again - how soon it comes around, marking the start of LENT.  I love pancakes & we always do Shrove Tuesday at home.

I had the fabulous Hatters to stay so we did pancakes for breakfast ….

We opted for the little chunky Scotch pancake style pancakes with blueberries -
The recipe I use is
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk (less if you want them thicker)
1 egg

Mix it all together - thin it with extra milk for large thin ones.

Cook 2-3 small ones in a frying pan or 1 large one, flip - yes, F L I P & then enjoy with whatever you like.


Blueberry pancakes with banana, yoghurt & maple syrup. Mine had a generous shake of cinnamon sugar (I add 2/3 sugar to 1/3 cinnamon in a spice bottle & spinkle it over my pancakes …. )


It was sooo good with a mug of steaming hot coffee - this is how breakfast should be.

Tomorrow it is the start of Lent - are you giving anything up for the 40 days leading up to Easter?

Thanks for stopping by, always pleased to read your comments,
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.