Wednesday 3 January 2018

Glass baubles & ornaments

Hi everyone

Some of you might have grown up with those fragile glass Christmas ornaments which our parents homes had & which had to be individually wrapped each time. In spite of all that,  some still shattered when hung or if we brushed past the tree. I have memories of sweeping up the tiniest bits of glass from under the tree ...

However, I have always loved the modern glass ornaments which are thicker - they are expensive & I buy only a few each year.


These pretty little ones have been useful for holding the strings of battery lights on the sideboard


These are some of my collected ones - jewel like, glistening in the light ... 


This is from 2016 - the little glass baubles glistening on the tree ...



Some are like mercury glass ...


 Little glass baubles & flat mirror like discs which twirl & reflect light ...


I have added some much larger ones this year - they are in very fashionable pantone ultra violet berry colours of purple, pink, lilac & a few green ones. I added to the few I bought from those on sale ....


These large, beautiful ones will be perfect for a bowl on the dining room table next Christmas ...


I got out my (small) stash of glass from the loft, the tiny glass ornaments wrapped & protected by foam trays & just enjoyed the beauty of the glass - all gem like with their colours & shapes - next year, they will be out in force .... 


These glass baubles are world's away from the thin, glass ones of my childhood, however, they are still delicate & expensive which makes them more special. I will be using them next Christmas - I had forgotten how beautiful they are all together ...
Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.