Friday 9 June 2023

A small Beatrix Potter drawstring bag ....

HI all, 

I seem to be in sewing mode at the moment. I am more of a craft sewer than a clothes sewer, even though I made most of my daughters early clothes when we lived in the cold mountains of Lesotho & warm tracksuits were the most practical attire. The ones I made were trendy with frills,  fronts with poppers, collars & even dresses in gorgeous fabrics that I sourced in Johannesburg. I studied the trends in magazines, made my own patterns & then ran up these original items. 

Little granddaughter has some new teething toys & I thought they needed a little bag to keep them in for when she is out & about with her Mum. 

A friend gifted me a gorgeous piece of Beatrix Potter fabric that she had added the iron on batting too. It was a small piece but I immediately thought of a cute drawstring bag. 

The size was determined by the fabric & I added pink fabric to the top to make the drawstring. 

This was the youTube tutorial I followed for the main lined bag, I added a drawstring channel to the top before stitching the top together & turning it through the lining gap & sewing that lastly. 

There was just a tiny bit of fabric left so I made a matching ribbon toy with that, adding in crinky fabric & a hand made carry strap for it. 

I am rather pleased with the pair of them & I hope the little one will enjoy using them too. 

What are  you busy with at the moment? Tell all. 

Thank you for stopping by, 

Dee ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿงต๐Ÿชก

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.