Monday 14 September 2015

A local flower show …

Hi everyone - has your season changed as well? Our dismal summer has given way to a very wet, cool start to September & the nights are already drawing in.

However, it is a busy time at home, getting the garden winter ready so it can be both winter ready for bad weather & nice to look at from the house as well …

My friend Ellie & I popped to a large local nursery that has the largest glass houses in the West Midlands to look for some winter inspiration & instead we found an Autumn flower show in the large marquee so had a look.

How could you not be in awe of such fabulous food specimens?


Huge & gloriously formed onions - it won't take long to peel these for supper …


Fabulous - that is what my past efforts have looked like …

 
My least favourite vegetable - marrow …


Perfectly formed & presented …


Be still my celery loving heart ….



I really ought to learn to love marrow …


Carrots anyone?


I have seen some stunning sweet corn / mielies grown in South Africa; these would be tasty …


A basket of stunning goodness …


Have a look at these massive leeks? I love the green leaves / tops that look so pretty


 A good way of keeping them neat, but I prefer the wavy free ones …


How do you even grow carrots & parsnips that are so long? It baffled & amazed us in equal measures.



My favourite colours - perfect


How lovely is this needlework? I love the texture & colours …


Another interesting exhibit …


What an interesting experience to just celebrate local growers. We picked up a homemade (not by us) lemon drizzle cake & headed back home for tea - feeling quite inadequate at our growing efforts.

Have you participated in such events or are you happy to just enjoy looking at it. Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment.
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.