Wednesday 23 December 2015

Festive baking with the Godsons

Hi everyone

How quickly is Christmas coming?

I have a tradition of baking with my Godsons & these are some of our previous efforts

christmas-biscuits-baking-with-lads 2013

time-for-some-festive-baking 2014

This year, we decided to use a recipe used by A Wondering Star daughter for her Godsons two years ago.

This chocolate gingerbread is perfect for filling up their bowls & is easy enough for little hands to easily bake with.

Choc chips were all sold out locally so I bought good chocolate & cut it up in to small pieces ....


Traditional cutters which look very pretty


I wonder what a collection of gingerbread men might be called? Is there a collective noun for them? I wonder if a 'temptation of gingerbread men' might be suitable :)


This dough is lovely to work with, good enough for little hands to use too .... I wonder what a collection of gingerbread men might be called? Is there a collective noun for them? I wonder if a 'temptation of gingerbread men' might be suitable :)

Trays of freshly baked gingerbread, ready for decorating .... 


Littlest Godson enjoying the icing process


Oh yes, that looks very Christmasy ...



Lovely baking ...



Boxed & wrapped up beautifully to take home

Perfectly delicious chocolate gingerbread Christmas biscuits that are beautifully decorated - our baking tradition continued & some lovely time spent with my friend Ellie & her lovely sons, my precious Godsons.

Which traditions do you follow at Christmas? Do you have some that you enjoy? Thanks for stopping by at this busy time,
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.