Saturday 5 December 2015

The Christmas sideboard is ready ….

Hi everyone - I hope your week is going well & your Christmas plans are going to plan ….

Time to get our sideboard ready for Christmas - it always takes ages to locate the things I want.

We gifted this plate to Olive, my late Mother in law many years ago & it has come back to me - the 3 girls represented her 3 granddaughters & she loved using it at Christmas.


I love my eclectic collection of festive crockery - much of it gifts that remind me of the givers.

These Spode Christmas Tree plates & dishes are so classic & understated. This year I have teamed them  up with some traditional little Christmas trees which were actually quite difficult to find some.


I have also used my small collection Emma Bridgewater Christmas  mince pie plates & mug - they are perfect for offering mince pies to visitors on.

My vintage cranberry glass adds a lovely deep colour to the top shelf;  our special Venetian glass decanter & glasses are always out for Christmas.

Greenery softens the top of the sideboard, along with some wooden houses. I love battery led lights as they are safe to use on shelves so they are tucked in to the glasswares.  Some tartan / plaid cloths & stockings add the finishing touches.


All of the things on the sideboard will be used over the festive season as they are accessible - a wonderful reminder of gifts & people who gifted them.

I hope your festive plans are going to plan too. Do you plan ahead or do you find time runs out for the plans? What are your colours this year?

Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to read & leave a comment.
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Great! Love those plates and mugs, perfect, beautiful and useful

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marina - I hope your Christmas plans are going according to plan - I look forward to seeing your decorations on your lovely blog. I hope your weather in Spain in better than ours ….

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.