Sunday 28 October 2012

Making a notice board ...

While out browsing with a friend around some charity / thrift shops in a local town, I came across a lovely gold picture frame & at a mere £1.50 I thought it would make a lovely notice board. It was just the outside frame with no backing board but I liked the bold gold frame.

I have a weakness for gold frames because they are just so effortlessly elegant - this is a wall of gold frames in a favourite pub. Don't you just love it? I know - the puddings are rather good too xx

Lunch ....

After measuring the space & having a backing board cut, I needed some fabric. Fortunately, a friend came to my rescue with some perfect fabric.

A free evening was all that was needed then to get started on this project.


My glue guns, stapler, hammer, ribbon, thumb tacks & bits all out in while I plan my project.


I have a need for a notice board in the bedroom above a chest of drawers to hold all my brooches & little bits so this had to be cream & gold as my bedroom is cream, shabby chic furniture with gold mirrors & calm bedding ...

The new space for my new noticeboard ...


Looks right there ...



Perfect space near my gold picture frames, large gold mirror (for make-up & dressing) and the gold lamp ...


My little corner ....

The noticeboard also fits in perfectly with the calm, cream decor with the chandelier being the bright accent ....


I am rather pleased with the end result - measuring the ribbon was tricky but it is perfect for having accessories at hand.  What do you think of my noticeboard?


Thanks for stopping by, please leave your link so I can return the visit.
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Dee, What a great idea. It looks great!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - I use my brooches more when I can see them all displayed! Thanks for stopping by ....

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.