Friday 15 April 2016

A relaxing afternoon learning a new skill ....

Hi everyone,  another week has passed & Spring seems to have gone by the wayside too.

This morning I chanced upon an afternoon course held locally.  I am a great advocator of lifelong learning so, being my day off, it seemed just right to learn how to decoupage properly.

I have used some techniques while making over some of my various bits, but I was won over with taking advantage of someone else's expertise to learn how to do it properly ...

4 ladies at the session & we were each given a set of coasters to decoupage.


We had a lovely selection of papers to choose from - so much choice, so many lovely ones but I settled on some lovely summer florals with pretty blues & pinks ...


Papers cut & the shapes all glued with Modge Podge ready to work on ...


I am please with the choice of paper ...


All done with lots of drying in between each layer ...


Very pretty work all around the table ...


Helen drying my efforts between the sanding & working. She is a fountain of knowledge ...


These were some of the other pattern choices used - all very pretty & summery ... 



This pattern reminded me of Old Country Roses ...


I always use coasters at home under cups so this pretty set I made will definitely be used


The pretty little holder is perfect for keeping them all handy on the table ...


Mmm this was a lovely opportunity to do something different & I really enjoyed it.  I know I will be thinking of other short courses / workshops to keep learning new skills - it is one of the main reasons that I keep Friday free - to be able to do things that I find interesting ... 

I hope I am not the only one who loves learning new things? What workshop would you love to do? 

Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to read & comment, 
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Really sweet. I, too enjoy learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jenny - it must be our inquiring minds that just want to learn new things ...

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.