Friday 8 April 2016

Rabbits are not just for Easter ...

Hello everyone,

Thank you for stopping by & being supportive - it is very much appreciated.

While changing my Easter sideboard & packing the Easter things away, I spied some treasured bits stored alongside it.

Our two daughters were gifted traditional Peter Rabbit items during their childhoods.  The classic Beatrix Potter characters have been a traditional favourite nationwide.


I love the expression of resignation on his face while having his coat put on ...


The distinctive blue coat of Peter Rabbit ...



Peter running from Mr McGregor who looks quite fierce ...


Run Peter run ....



Peter Rabbit with his antics & escapes from Mr McGregor's garden has to be the most familiar story of the characters ....

What - Peter getting the 'boot' ...



'And tried to put his foot upon Peter .... '


Mr McGregor chasing Peter across the garden



Many of my readers have interest in the backstamps ...



These are hubbies original childhood books ...



The iconic Peter Rabbit items - rabbits for life, gifted to the girls as babies & still as lovely as ever. Unfortunately the Wedgwood factory is now history ....

Do you have fond memories of the Beatrix Potter characters & do you have some of these as well? Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to read & comment.

Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post on Beatrix Potter! I purchased my son, a set of the books 33 years ago....love the stories on Susan Branch's blog about her visit to England and the home place of Potter. I believe a set of dishes for a child is somewhere around the house! I have a Wedgewood necklace from a visit to England in 1979! I would love to visit again someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely how some things span generations & continents Lynda - The Lake District is so lovely & I can see how it was so inspirational. Your necklace sounds fab - you really should revisit now that you have more time (Or do you - you might just be filling it up again? )

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.