Saturday 10 June 2017

Running hares ....

Hi everyone

I know many of you will be familiar with a favourite Bunny bowl of mine because it features on my sideboard quite often.

It was a gift from Ms M some years back for my birthday which is close to Easter. My regular readers  know about our two lionhead free range house rabbits Fred & Vivaldi (now both passed away after long, happy lives)


We did not know who the potter was & last year, quite accidentally I saw a mention of a very similar bowl in an article on the Prue Leigh & the Oxfordshire potter John Atkinson of Bell Pottery was named as the maker.  The design is aptly called 'running hares'.


 My lovely running hare bowl which is not just for Easter ...



I am excited to show you an addition to my running hares collection -  a matching jug received as a birthday present.



How lovely they both look together & they are a lovely reminder of our special bunnies ...

I love the artisan look of the sponge ware with its lovely details,  earthy colour & design. Do you collect anything?

Thank you for stopping by & spending time reading & commenting ...
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.