Tuesday 26 September 2017

Harvest time in the Shire

Hi everyone

Suddenly it seems like Autumn has arrived in Shropshire, especially when I was out walking around a local farm with the Godsons & I saw the harvest stacks ....

The farmer suffered a devastating fire in his winter stacks some winters back so he has moved them far away from the road - this is the smaller stack ... 


A walk just a bit further revealed this enormous hay stack ...



To give you an idea of the size, that is me standing next to it - I was dwarfed by the stack ...



The fields also had loads of lovely carrots - Godson with some from the edges where the wildlife had nibbled on them too ...


It is brilliant to see the harvest out in the fields, it signals the start of Autumn & the Harvest celebrations which start soon.

Hope you are enjoying the start of Autumn too. Thank you for stopping by,
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.