Saturday, 12 September 2026

‘Tis time, ‘Tis time …

 

Our nights are drawing in & there is a gentle transition to Autumn.


Our hot dry summer has given way to some very welcome rain. Our two waterbutts are filled again & we can use watering cans to refresh our plant pots again. 

I love lighting a candle at night, the flickering light makes the home cosy & it gives time to relax & contemplate the year that is flitting by. 

I keep my pretty glass candle sticks / candle holders on the kitchen’s windowsill where they are out of the way but close enough to enjoy. The advantage of having them close by is that we use them more often. 


However, in summer the hot sun bends the candles so I take the candles out & store them in a cool place.

Today I decided ‘tis time, ‘tis time” as one of the spirits in Macbeth proclaimed. 

The candles are back, their glass candlesticks glinting in the light & it is a timely reminder of the shortening days. 

Do you reach for a candle to bring light & warmth in during the changing seasons? 

Thank you for stopping by, it is always appreciated. 

Dee 🕯️🪔🍁🍂

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your visit♥.