Sunday, 27 September 2026

A delicious apple cinnamon loaf cake ...

 


While browsing some of my regular Instagrammers, I saw a recipe this morning for an apple cake by Claire who is known by @mrs.wilson_iloverecipes. apple cinnamon loaf cake

I decided this would be our Sunday treat. 

There are a few good apple trees on the local golf course that hubby plays at & the chaps pick up a few apples when passing so they don't go to waste.

Hubby brought home 3 nice ones, I do not know the variety but they were unblemished & unbruised so it was sensible to put them to good use. 



Preheat oven to 160 fan, the loaf will bake for about 55 min.

175g soft butter 

160g light brown sugar, 

3 egg200g self raising flour

1tsp baking powder

2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp allspice

1 tsp vanilla

2tbs milk

2 -3 apples - about 200-250g (I did not weigh mine)

Beat butter & sugar till pale, mix in the eggs one at a time, beating between each one.

Fold in the flour, bp, cinnamon, allspice, & vanilla. I used bourbon vanilla gifted by my friend Liz. 

I did not add in the milk as the mixture did not seem to need it. 

3 apples peeled & cubed - I did not weigh it. I do not know what apples they were as they were from a tree on the golf course & contributed by hubby.

Put the mixture in a lined loaf tin, sprinkle some demerara sugar on top (I did 2 tsp).

Bake at 160 until a knife comes out clean. Mine baked for 50 min in a fan oven.

Cool on a wire rack & enjoy. 

We had ours with Greek yoghurt while the cake was still warm. It was absolutely delicious. 

I will definitely make it again, especially as hubby says there are loads more apples on the golf course.

Thank you for stopping by, do visit Claires Instagram. Her recipes are varied & very useful.

Dee 


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your visit♥.