Sunday 12 November 2017

Transitioning to winter colours ...

Hi everyone

It has been a hectic few weeks with new students starting & generally not touching ground. However, I am always grateful for each visit & especially those who take time to leave a supportive comment - it is much appreciated.

Earlier in the year, I used lavender colours in the living room  & I love the colours & they are still there.  I really love that combination ...


A rare free afternoon today meant I could get some much needed things done at home.  I had changed my dining room curtains last week from the lighter summery cream ones to the woollen tartan curtains  which are warm & cosy in winter.

I also looked through my stash of fabrics - everyone has a stash of fabric, don't they?


I hemmed this lovely green woollen cloth to use as a table cloth in winter; it will go well with the heathery purple colour in the curtains. Yes, I do use iron on hemming tape when I need to get things done!


I usually have this large floral oil painting in the dining-room but I decided on a seasonal change ...


 I have had this lovely embroidered purple panel for some time & I decided to frame it & use it. It is just right for that space, even though it is not nearly as large as the painting.


A purple runner from some fabric in my stash ...


The long purple cloth returns to the table. It was a long bolt of fabric that I hemmed some years back for this space - sometimes it is easier to buy fabric to hem than to try to find a cloth ...


These two ladies love their spot on the sideboard ...


Some flowers repurposed from the living room, along with pink candles & bows to brighten it up ...


The lovely deer tea light holders were gifts, the larger deer came from the living room to join them ..


Don't you just love this new candle with its deer top. It was a recent find that I knew I would be taking with me when I saw it in the shop ...


Coming together nicely ...


The leather book pile has increased with some from the study to give the framed fabric some height.


I have decided that I want berry coloured decorations at home this year - pink, purple,  cream & so I am transitioning towards that. It will be a change from my usual red & gold so needs a bit more  planning ...

Are your thoughts turning to the festive season too?  What are your plans this year? Tell all ....
Thank you for stopping by & taking time to read & leave a comment,
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.