Tuesday 24 October 2023

Hold on Autumn, Rugby final first ...

I thought I had the sideboard sorted for a while then,  then South African rugby team - The Spingboks - narrowly beat England & we are in the final. 


It is that divided loyalties when the two sides you are most closely connected to play against each other & you wish a draw would be acceptable. Like many born in Southern Africa, but lived in England for more than a quarter of a century, it is never easy. 


However, with the finals looming, I thought I should nudge the sideboard to support the South African team. My many cousins who have made their home in New Zealand will face the divided loyalties this weekend. 


Guinea fowl are iconic to southern Africa with their bright helmeted heads & loud noises. They are quite territorial in groups & have chased the daughters on my parents farm. My Mother would often pop a guinea fowl feather in a letter to me because she knew how much I loved them. 


You have seen all of the items that nudged on to the sideboard before but they are things I love & it is a good time for them to make their appearance again.  I made a victoria sponge cake this morning as we have a daughter home for a few days while she studies. 

Cake & coffee - perfect for an impromptu sideboard change. 


Will you be supporting a side?  I make no predictions because both teams deserve to be there & they will give no quarter & take no prisoners - they are both there to win .... 

Dee 🤔


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.