Saturday 21 October 2023

Giving way to Autumn ...

 Somehow it seems as if this year has flown & Autumn has crept in while I was otherwise engaged. 

It has been weeks since I changed my sideboard in the conservatory - it has been summer greens & pinks since .... summer. 

However, Autumn always reminds me of the cosy times & our wildlife. I bought some of these sweet Spode Woodland plates some years ago on a visit to the potteries. I only got a few side plates that could go with what we already have because we have loads of china. 

The pretty deer plates with their yellow borders are a perfect match with the woodland plates. 

The iconic pheasant plate is a vintage one I bought a long time ago. 

The red glasses and Morris & co Pimpernel place & drinks mats will probably stay out in to the festive season as they are a good size. 

The long conservatory table has a bolt of red cotton fabric with cream paisley prints - I hemmed it to make the cloth, that looks autumnal without being festive.  I gathered mossy twigs & oak leaves on a recent walk & they are once again in my yellow vase with the tree of life colours which go well with the woodland plates. Nothing new at all, just found in our various cupboards. 

So this is really a bridging sideboard to lead us in to the festive season. 

Are you enjoying the autumn time?  Thanks for stopping by, please follow & share, 

Dee 🍂🍁🥮

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.