Friday 3 November 2023

The stream in the sky ...

It is my half term , the final one before the Christmas break & it is always special because it is in Autumn & I love nothing more than to get out & about to enjoy the changing colours of nature. 

On a whim, I talked a friend in to joining me on a trip to Llangollen in Wales to visit the traditional town then stop off at the Pontcysyllte aqueduct close by. 


It is traditional Wales - grey slate & stone buildings with the River Dee gushing under the bridge in the centre of town. We opted for brunch right on to the river, finding a window seat in the Dee Side Cafe to enjoy the river view from. The town has many independent shops & some fine deli's so we had a good few hours exploring. 

Then on to one of my favourite places - the 200 year old aqueduct that is named Stream in the Sky. 

I have walked the narrow path next to the aqueduct many times & I always feel the breeze or wind (depending on the weather) because you are so high above the valley. There is always, for me, a sense of exhilaration & freedom so high up. 

Autumn is definitely here with the colourful  trees in the distance & gorgeous leaves floating in the water. Can you see the car bridge across the river in the distance? 


I grew up on a farm in Southern Africa & it is in wide open spaces that I feel most at home. I am particularly fond of the openness of the Welsh countryside, the feeling that you are one with nature, simpler times. 

The aqueduct is best viewed from the valley as you drive to it. How special is this? 

If I invite you to share these spaces, then I am sharing something special to me.  It is what soothes & feeds the soul - it clears the mind & makes one feel alive. 

I love to take a flask of coffee to drink after being windswept - we sipped ours & my friend was glad to have visited these two places for the first time.  

Do you have places you love visiting? Tell all - seaside or mountains? Woods or towns? 

Thank you for stopping by, take care, 

Dee 🍂

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.